Money MattersThese are the following payments every tenant is expected to meet:
- 6 week deposit – this initial deposit will be held against any damage that occurs within the tenancy period. Any dilapidations and damages done will be deducted once the inventory check out report has been completed.
- 1 month rent advance – weekly rent is multiplied by 52 (weeks in a calendar year) and divided by 12. This plus the deposit must be paid using clear funds before the tenancy starts. Please be advised that personal or company cheques are not accepted.
- Admin Fees – A £150.00 per person (occupier) will be charged, this fee includes an independent credit search on each applicant.
- Holding deposit – to make sure that the property you are interested in does not appear back on the market a 1 week of the 6 week deposit is required.
Official DocumentsHave these following documents ready to avoid inconveniences and delays:
- Proof of Address – A utility bill or bank statement that is addressed to you from 3 – 6 months ago is required for the credit search.
- Photo ID – For UK and EU nationals, a photo ID needs to be provided.
- Passport – For foreign applicants, a passport showing UK right of residence is needed for proper identification.
These are some basic requirements needed by the estate agent to duly process your application to let a property. Completing the documentation and payment process at a timely manner can help you in calling West London your new home.